Life has been a little crazy with us getting our Texas home packed, moving our three girls and settling into our Arizona house!! 1 month later and we have done it with only a few boxes in the office left to unpack! (yes, I know that I should be doing that instead of blogging, but where is the fun in that?)
So far we are loving Arizona! The landscape is definitely different than Texas, but beautiful in its own special way. When I envisioned the desert, I thought of everything being dead and sand being everywhere; however, for this arid climate that is far from true. There are mountains and catcti (plural of cactus?), and lots of fun colorful plants. I didn't realize that God made even the desert beautiful; and not only beautiful but a lot of fun!
We have spent so much time outside hiking, walking and running around because it's been sunny, beautiful and warm everyday. I am so glad that we moved here before summer because we are definitely taking advantage of this wonderful weather. Marc and I both love spending time outdoors, and we have gotten to enjoy lots of time outside together!
The Lord has used this move to draw Marc and I closer together and I am so grateful! When Marc started his new job, which is the reason that we moved here, it was awful. He was very stressed and I tried my hardest to draw into the Lord and not to get frustrated. It was very difficult for me because we moved here for what we thought was a great job opportunity, but it ended up being horrible. I was more angry with the situation than anything else, and I am glad that rough few weeks has been resolved into a better situation.
Marc has been so blessed to get a new job that he LOVES!!! Thank you Lord! He is working remotely for Donor Direct from 6:00 - 3:30ish, and then we get wonderful family time! This job has opened up a very exciting time for our family!! It has allowed much more quality time with Marc for me and the girls, which has been absolutely amazing! I have no idea what the Lord has in store with this opportunity, but I am excited about it.
I am thankful for another reason as well. When Marc and I were first married, we were hoping to live somewhere other than Texas for a while. We had Shiloh and decided to settle down, but I still had a yearning in my heart to experience something different. I never would have just up and moved if Marc was still working for Donor Direct because I have amazing friends in Dallas (LOVE YOU ALL and MISS you all if you're reading this). I feel like the Lord has given me one of the desires of my heart by allowing me to experience life outside of Texas!! I feel like I am on an adventure with Marc and my sweet family, and I have been loving it! God works in mysterious ways and I feel so blessed by Him and by this opportunity.
Girls milestones:
Shiloh (2 1/2 years old):
-She can participate in a conversation (if she wants to),
-she speaks pretty clearly so that most strangers can understand her
-she remembers friends from Texas and asks for them often
- we are hoping to end her waking up in the middle of the night. We've done two things that we are desperate to work. 1. we ordered a special alarm clock that shows a moon when she should be sleeping and a sun when she is allowed to get up (thank you to Pinterest for introducing this clock to me) and 2. we are doing a sleep and potty chart. Whenever she sleeps through the night without getting milk she gets an M&M in the morning and a sticker on the chart.
-She is beginning to show interest in potty training, so we are easing her into it. She is still scared of the potty, but sometimes asks about it. We have started a chart and when she goes to the bathroom she gets to put a sticker on it as well as gets an M&M. After 30 stickers from the combination of sleeping through the night and using the potty, she will get a bicycle.
McKenzie (6 months and 3 weeks old):
- 13 pounds 2 ounces and 25 inches (she is in the 3%)
- she babbles making consonant sounds; gagagaga, dadadada (I think just G and D for now)
- she is getting very close to crawling, she will get up on her knees and hands and rock back and forth; she has tried to move her leg to crawl but her stomach falls to the ground before she actually goes forward
- she loves eating! So far every food she's tried she has liked, which has made introducing foods a very enjoyable experience for Marc and I!!
McKinley (6 months and 3 weeks old):
- 13 pounds even and 24 1/2 inches (she too is in the 3%)
- she babbles making consonant sounds; gagagaga, dadadada (I think just G and D for now)
- McKinley doesn't seem as interested in crawling as McKenzie. McKinley is a very efficient roller, so she can get where she wants to a little bit better
-- she also loves eating! So far every food she's tried she has liked, which has made introducing foods a very enjoyable experience for Marc and I!!
As far as breastfeeding goes, I am still able to do it about 2-3 times a day, which is great because the girls only get milk about 5 or 6 times. After a really scary and painful experience with nursing last month, I have decided to nurse as long as I can but to let it go. I am thankful the girls are still getting breast milk about half of the time, and I have accepted that this chapter in motherhood may be ending for me. :)
Lots of pictures coming next blog post :)
Loved the update! Thanks for sharing. :-) So glad to hear that Marc loves his job and you are growing closer as a family!
ReplyDelete